Do you deal with chronic, unrelenting health problems that nobody can give you answers for?
Perhaps you suspect you have Lyme disease?
Maybe it’s the unrelenting chronic pain or fibromyalgia?
Possibly you’ve been told it’s some unexplained autoimmunity?
Regardless of what the issue is, most likely the reason that you still suffer everyday is that no one has taken the time to look deep enough or long enough to find and fix the root cause of the issue.
That’s where the Motus Chronic Illness model comes in.
What is Chronic Illness?
- Chronic Illness is concerned with optimizing the health and wellness of the individual. There is no “cookie cutter” approach when dealing with chronic illness as we have to determine the WHY and HOW of disease/dysfunction and not merely the symptoms.
- We assess patients structurally, neurologically, and metabolically – the reason being, those are the 3 primary overarching systems in the body. Almost any disease process can be traced back to one or more of those 3 areas. Chronic Illness focuses on extremely in depth patient history and intake, detailed physical, structural, and functional neurological examinations, and the use of advanced laboratory testing (such as: blood work, urinalysis, stool/microbiome testing, genetic testing, hormone testing, organic acid testing, micronutrient testing, and much more!)
- After gathering all of the information possible regarding the individual, chronic Illness typically involves treatment on all fronts. This may include any/all of the services and products we offer in and from the clinic, with the key focus being addressing everything that you are dealing with structurally, neurologically, and metabolically – altogether.
- Each patient and his or her needs are unique. As a result of our testing, we may find one condition has many different causes and, likewise, one cause may result in many different conditions. So, because chronic Illness targets the true root cause of disease in each individual, it gives the patient the greatest likelihood of achieving optimal health and wellness.
What makes us different than the other guys?
Sure, there are other clinics out there that will say similar things, but there are very, very few who actually do what they say, or who do it with the level of excellence and expertise that we provide.We will go above and beyond in 5 key areas:
1. Testing procedures
we utilize advanced testing procedures as necessary to ensure that we leave no stone unturned. Some of the most common methods are as follows:
- Structural imaging such as X-ray and MRI to assess any structural abnormalities.
- Blood testing to check micronutrient levels, enzymes, hormones, etc.
- Urinalysis to see cellular health and function such as an Organic Acids test.
- Stool analysis to check microbiome function and health.
- Genetic testing to determine genetic mutations or variants.
Some of the most frequently overlooked issues are parasites, heavy metal exposures, mold and environmental toxins, and latent infections such as Lyme disease. These issues will destroy ones’ health on so many different levels, affecting almost any system in the body. If left unchecked, there is simply no way of knowing that they are present. That is why it is vital that we do a thorough job on the front end to test for these things as well as others.
2. Structural correction
structure dictates function. Therefore it is crucial that we take care of any structural abnormality along the way. Every joint and muscle fiber in your body contains mechanoreceptors, which send signals back to your brain. It’s how your brain adapts to your world. It also directly impacts how you are able to heal. The way in which to fully treat structural issues most effectively is with a combined approach of chiropractic, soft tissue manipulation, and corrective exercise. We will address every area of the body in regards to joint health as well as muscular function and restore balance to your posture and overall physical structure. This will have a profound impact on the way in which your body is then able to heal itself, and it helps to lay the foundation for everything else that needs to take place.
3. Functional neurology
Your brain controls your body and everything in it. With that said, neurological imbalance is incredibly common, and often times is at the source of one’s issue. Structural problems, hormonal issues, metabolic imbalances, you name it – there is most likely an underlying neurological imbalance that was at play beforehand.
We utilize functional neurological assessment procedures in the clinic which allow us to assess the regions of the brain in real time. Your brain needs to be balanced, from left to right and front to back. When it’s not, that’s when issues arise.
If there is an imbalance that we find, then we will address that through specific exercises, eye movements, cranial nerve training, and various forms of stimulus to the body such as vibration, cold laser, acupuncture, and others. With cold laser over the brain we can directly activate any region that may be deficient, instantaneously.
In addition to this, we will give you guidance on exercises and various pieces of home equipment to be utilizing that will further enhance what we do in the clinic.
4. Metabolic management
Your cells must have the building blocks in place in order to repair and regenerate. One of the most common areas of focus in this realm is on food and dietary supplementation. There is nothing wrong with that, and we will absolutely focus on diet and lifestyle factors with you as part of your care, but if that’s where it stops is when there is an issue.
Most often, metabolic concerns originate as a result of something else. As mentioned, neurological imbalance is a huge piece of this puzzle. If it’s really a brain problem, and we are solely focused on food and supplements to fix deficiencies and help with detoxification, then we aren’t getting anywhere long term. Vice versa, if it’s a true metabolic issue, then that will negatively impact any benefits we are able to get as far as neurological changes in the brain.
And then lastly, and the most commonly overlooked, we must consider underlying pathogens in the body such as parasites, mold, environmental toxins, viral infections, heavy metals, etc. If any one of these are present, they can completely wreck your metabolic health – and they are incredibly common when dealing with chronic diseases.
5. Supportive therapies
In addition to all of the above, sometimes the body just needs more help. In an ideal world, if we remove the bad stuff and fix the imbalances, then your body will heal of it’s own volition. However, it is very common in the chronic illness world that your body loses the ability to heal and make new cells, hence the presence of the chronic illness in the first place.
Chronic disease and sickness can only occur when cells lose the ability to heal themselves. With that said, if we boost the ability for cells to heal, we will be directly reversing this process.
Some of the most powerful therapies available that we utilize are as follows:
- Red and Infra-Red Light Therapy – Light energy directly increase voltage of cells. Light is able to donate electrons directly to the mitochondria of the cell which can then be used to produce ATP or energy. This is a powerful method of improving cellular health systemically. We utilize the Contour Light in the clinic which is the most powerful on the market.
- Cold Laser – Similar to the Contour Light, but with laser the applications are more focal and depth of penetration is deeper. Laser is great for chronic musculoskeletal issues that don’t respond, or targeting specific regions of the brain for functional neurological treatments.
- Oxygen Therapy (EWOT) – Oxygen is a vital component for all cells to heal. With exercise, your oxygen saturation very predictably decreases inside of the cells. If we are then able to provide highly concentrated oxygen in response, you then get a flood of highly concentrated oxygen throughout your body. This can provide a much needed boost to cellular function if your body is just unable to get over the hump on it’s own.
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields (PEMF) – Cellular voltage is a very predictable gauge of chronic disease. Where cells have lower voltage or charge, they die. Where cells have a high voltage, they replicate and heal. PEMF directly increases polarity and voltage throughout the cells in your body, thereby increasing their ability to heal and function.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to treat a vast array of health challenges. It is now known that one of the biggest impact we have with acupuncture is the neurological change that happens in the brain, as well as the electrical change that happens in the cells of the body. We utilize it to support any other treatment strategy we are working towards in the office.
The Process: What to Expect
- Contact us to set up an appointment for your initial examination and consultation to get the process started.
- If you’re still undecided, then just schedule a free, no obligation consultation with one of our doctors to see if we would be a good fit.
- We also do initial consultations via phone which we call Discovery Calls so that we can learn more about each other and decide if we would be a good fit.
- We will then send you your paperwork for your initial appointment. We do require that you submit it back to us at least 24 hours prior to your consultation to allow the doctor time to read through the intake forms.
- Based upon the answers of the intake paperwork and health history, as well as all relevant physical, structural, and neurological examination findings, we will then recommend any further testing that we deem necessary.
- After we get all of your test results back, then we will discuss next steps as far as treatment strategies. As mentioned above, treatment typically involves treating all aspects of health and physiology in some capacity or another. Please click here for a more comprehensive overview and list of our services provided in the office.
- The length of care is totally unique to the patient and depends a great deal upon the severity and complexity of the case at hand. Again, there are no cookie-cutter protocols when dealing with truly fixing chronic illness.
Monday: 9am-6:00 pm